Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wharrgarbl!

Okay, so we're not just waiting for my muse to return, now. We're waiting for me to get my head out of my ass and for final exams to pass this week.

As mentioned, I had my head up my ass in one of my classes and am failing it miserably. Sociology, to be exact. But my professor for that class, Dr. Q, she with the heart of gold, has gone above and beyond any call of duty I can imagine for a college professor, to give me the chance to pull my grade out of the gutter.

Yes, this week is all about finals. It's the last week of the semester.

She's going out of her way to help me. All I have to do is write six reaction papers about chapters in our text, a five page explorament about personal boundaries, make up an exam on Tuesday and survive my final on Thursday.

Shouldn't be too hard.

This woman is a goddess. She's letting me make it up in hopes of pulling my grade up. She's taking on extra work for herself, on top of grading finals and turning in grades. Grading a total of seven papers and an extra quiz at the very tail end of the semester, all in hopes of helping out one student who's desperate to save her GPA.

I swear, I could kiss this woman. Must get her a Christmas present.

I'm just glad I don't have the Cranky Professor for this class. I'd be boned six ways from Sunday, were that the case.

It's the little (okay so this one isn't so little) things that count in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment