Friday, December 18, 2009

Please Stand By

...For I am losing my almighty mind!

The holiday season is upon us, in case you've been living under a rock and haven't noticed how FUCKING RETARDED people are acting. This is why I try to avoid going out at ALL during the month of December. They drive like idiots, they walk around stores with their heads up their asses, treating other people like shit while preaching about "Peace on Earth! Good will towards man!" Hypocrisy, you say? Wouldn't dream of it!

We got a fake tree a couple days ago, and some ornaments and lights and got that all set up yesterday. My cat has already knocked the damn thing over twice in the past ten minutes. He didn't realize it was there until this morning, apparently.

And to make it even MORE fun, Daniel seems to have approached the home stretch for cutting his first tooth. I can feel the definite ridge on his gum, and he has become a little monster. For three days now, nothing has calmed him down. Put him on his tummy to play, and he screams. Pick him up, and he bawls. Give him a bottle, and he'll fall asleep eating... and as soon as you take it away, he starts to cry again. Put him in his bouncer, which he usually loves, and he screams bloody f'n murder.

And no, before you ask, I'm out of booze, otherwise I'd turn to that. For him and me both.


I don't do the holidays well, kids. The hypocrisy of people, combined with how life seems to always go straight to hell in a pretty pink handbasket around December, has burned me out on "Christmas Spirit" early in life. Sad, isn't it?

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the little vacation I'm getting for New Years, before I return to class and life goes back to a normal routine. Redhead, Daniel, and I are all flying down to Houston on Near Year's Eve and returning on January 6.

What's in Houston, you say? Why, my family, of course!

And a whole lot more interesting stuff to do than this dinky little podunk town in Missouri has to offer. While Daniel gets passed from family member to family member, being spoiled rotten out of his gourd (Oh god, that's gonna be fun to deal with after we come home...), Redhead and I are going to get some time to ourselves. I'm going to show him the OCEANZOMG! Not really, just the Gulf of Mexico, but for a little country boy who's been land-locked all his life and never experienced a REAL city, this trip is going to be an experience for him.

Merry Christmas to you folks out there in Intertubes land. I'm off to pour increasing amounts of whiskey into my hot cocoa.

Bah humbug.

1 comment: