Monday, December 7, 2009

Nom!

So, I've been on a very fattening cooking kick. I've been harassing my grandmother for recipes she has, and raiding the Food Network website like nobody's business.

This recipe I'm about to give you is absolutely delicious, and if you like a slight Cajun taste, without overpowering spice, I think you'll like this one.

Cajun Chicken Pasta!

Shit You Need:

- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 2 Tbsn butter
- 8 slices each of green and sweet red pepper
- 4 large mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1 to 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp each: basil, lemon pepper, salt
- 1/8 tsp each: pepper, garlic powder
- 4 oz. linguine (cooked and drained)

Shit You Do:

1 - Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl or bag and coat; saute chicken in butter over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes.

2 - Add peppers, mushrooms, and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes

3 - Reduce heat, add cream and seasonings; heat through.

4 - Add linguine and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese.

It's yummy, not too spicy, with rich and creamy flavor. It's a personal favorite of mine, and if you decide to try it, I hope you like it.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment