Friday, March 13, 2009

This pisses me off.

Granted, they haven't made a public announcement about said plan, but still.

I agree with the senators on this, I agree with the Veterans of Foreign Wars spokesman.

That's... ugh! Why would you do that? Why?!

I have a lot of friends in the military. My adopted big brother, Dragonslayer, is currently serving his second tour in Iraq. When I read the article, my thoughts immediately went to him. He survived his first tour unscathed, and so far it's been easy his second time around, but... things happen.

And I don't want to see him get hurt. If this plan were to go into effect, he'd get shafted. He doesn't have private insurance.

Isn't it enough that the men and women in the armed forces sign up to fight these wars for us, volunteer to go in front of the firing squad, as it were? Some of the injuries they get over there... the costs for fixing them back up are astronomical. And you want that to come out of pocket?

Redhead says, "It would make a lot of people think twice about joining the military."

Redhead, you don't agree with this war, the war in Iraq. I don't agree with it either. I support our troops, but not the war. You seem to be displaying an attitude of 'every soldier is a blood thirsty war-mongering berserker'.

What about career military men? What about the men that enlisted after September 11th, when everyone felt the pain of having so many lives lost to a terrorist?

Oh, that's right. You don't think al Quaeda even exists. It's a conspiracy, the government really took those planes and rammed them into those buildings.

I sense a massive fight coming on from this, but that's not what's important here.

This plan? It's ridiculous. And it should get shot down. And I'll be watching and waiting for it to get shot down. That's.... that's downright evil. Even for a politician.

Hat tip to LabRat for the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment