Monday, March 23, 2009

Holy shit, where have you been?



This is how I feel right now. Just... bleh. I'm so damned worn out, half the time I don't even have the energy to get out of bed, choosing instead to sleep for most of the day and through the night.

How sad is that? Ugh. I'll be glad when this kid comes out. So very glad. I miss moving around and being able to sit comfortably.

Sadly, that is not the only reason I have been absent this past week. I have started working again.

*Cue cries of outrage*

Not seriously working, though, so don't panic. But this is where I need my regular readers to pay attention. ESPECIALLY those of you with children in diapers. This may interest you.

The Redhead's older sister, who he has literally just called "Sister" all his life, is operating a business out of her home. She started it up several months ago, and actually got a website up online last fall, just before Thanksgiving, a month or two after I discovered I was pregnant. Sister has two daughters, one of which is still in diapers. And Sister is green-minded, always on the look out for an option that will be both more natural for her children, and earth-friendly overall.

DING DING! IDEA!

Sister has started her own business, making... diapers. Cloth diapers, washable and reusable for as long as your child is in diapers. You can look at her website, check out the prices, maybe set up a package that suits you, or get contact information and call her, talk to her to really get some insight. Her site is full of useful information, as well as breaking down the argument of Disposable vs. Cloth Diapers.

Diapers aren't the only thing she makes and sells, though. She also sells wraps, for wearing your baby against your torso (which has shown to help raise a much calmer baby. Her youngest is... frighteningly calm. Very laid back, never crying for attention, because she's always THERE!), nursing pads, waterproof diaper bags that won't get soggy from used diapers while you're away from home... The works. Everything you need, made by hand in her home, from 100% natural hemp materials, providing a diapering system that you can use for years to come without damaging the planet by throwing plastic disposable diapers into the trash, and into a landfill, where it will take decades to break down.

Make with the clicky and check it out!

The reason I've started working for Sister is actually... really simple. It's something easy that I can do, without a lot of up-and-downing to wear me out and make me wish for death after just a couple of hours. It's close to home, and... instead of an actual paycheck, I'm getting a car out of it.

Oh yeah, I'm all over this. She just got a new one, and she knows that Redhead and I are really going to be needing a vehicle, so she's offering to sell us her minivan. Or, if I want to, I can work for her, help her with the making of diapers and everything else, and every week when I would usually get a paycheck, she'll deduct that amount from the price on the minivan (which is, in all honesty, ridiculously low, a real steal for us. We're so damned lucky). And it also means that we could apply the same process to paying for the order of diapers, bag, wipes, and sling that I've made.

Now, for those of you who are interested in the diapering system... Go to the website. Check out the information. She's got pictures, too. She can make the diapers in a wide variety of colors, something for everybody. So far, most of her business has been here locally, stretching no farther than the couple-hour drive up to Kansas City. But I know for a FACT that if somebody that she can't just pack up and drive to, or have drive to her, places an order... she would have no problem in shipping out to you guys. I'm trying to help her out by bringing new business in for her, since she's helping me out with the diapers themselves and the van. More business means she's definitely be able to expand. She's hoping to rent out a store and actually operate out of a more business-like atmosphere if business continues to go well like it has.

So, yeah. GO! CLICKY!

Help us girls out, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment