Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random Crap With A Lot Of Pics

Okay, so this is gonna be an off the wall post, just to give you fair warning. We'll be covering stupidity, friends, baby crap, aaaand... I haven't quite figured it all out yet. I tend to play my posts by ear most of the time, so if I have ANY READERS WHATSOEVER, you should be used to it by now.

Yeah, I know. Nobody reads this but me. But I can hope, right? Right. Moving along...

First off, though. BABY STUFF!

I'm finally starting to get excited about being pregnant. I'm finally starting to get used to the idea of the now-undeniable fact that in a few months, I am going to go through a whole HELLUVALOTTAPAIN, and have a life to mold and hope I can meet the challenge (to paraphrase a friend's thoughts on the subject, because now I can't find the conversation archive it was said in). The maternal instincts are kicking in, and I've already started snapping at Redhead about certain behaviors that will come to a full stop once the baby gets here.

But that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is how Redhead and I have been worried how we are going to pay for all the things we'll need for baby Daniel, and suddenly, most of the bigger, more costly items have been provided for me. My mother and Mamaw have been going crazy in Texas, buying stuff for me. A lot of stuff. We've already come to the realization that she's going to need a Uhaul trailer to get all of it to me. It won't all fit in her little Mazda, no way in hell.










A crib, a little bouncy seat thing, TWO strollers, a little ducky costume (because my mother's nickname is Ducky and she couldn't resist getting a VERY early Halloween costume), a battery-powered swing (because winding the old swings up was way irritating), one of about two dozen outfits they've bought, and the quilt from a bedding set that originally cost $180 dollars that my mother bought from a friend. Said friend was expecting a boy, and at the last minute discovered that her daughter was having a girl. Sheets, quilt, mobile, all kinds of crap.

My family has gone nuts buying stuff for the first grandchild in the entire family. They're very excited, obviously. Lots of stuff.

In other news, my friends are being dorks. This is my buddy, Ninja, for instance.



Somebody gave him a really big stick, and for some reason, thought he looked like a Muslim or something. And there was a whole room full of people debating this fact. So, one of the geniuses took a picture with his cell phone and sent it out to everybody, asking if they all agreed. My answer was the best, and earned a personal text "thank you" from Ninja himself, and laughter from the rest of the idiots:

"No, it just looks like you made a big mistake and gave Ninja a really big stick. Wow, you're a dumbass."

Yeah, these are the people I hang out with on a daily basis. It sounds a lot less amusing here than it really was, I swear.

And we're an easily amused, bunch. Somebody found a website (I am yet to find it) where you can make your own highway sign, welcoming traffic into a town. This one was created and sent around. The most amusing part is... this is generally the attitude taken by the townies around here. And in this town, you're either a Townie or a College Student. If you're not a student, but you've moved into town and become a regular face, you are an adopted townie. Much like me, the Redhead, the Roomie... the works. But the sign amused me to no end.



That's all I got right now. You'll have to suffer for a while more until I can come up with a REAL quality blog post. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment