Okay so I hijacked this meme from Facebook, and I'm posting it here and gonna tag a couple people myself.
The rules are simple, but a wee bit taxing for somebody who's a wee bit ADD-minded like myself. Post 25 (yes, that's a LOT, 25, holy crap!) random facts, goals, thoughts, whatever about yourself. When you're done (eventually), tag some people yourself. Now this is where things go a little rodeo.
I don't know 25 bloggers. I don't even read 25 different blogs, screw that. So I'm just gonna say tag FIVE people. Just five. That should make that part a little bit easier.
1. I'm pregnant. If you didn't know this, then you are A HORRIBLE FRIEND AND SHOULD GO DIE. D: Not really, though. I have few enough friends as it is, I kinda need to hang onto the ones I've got.
2. I'm horribly addicted to caffeine. I didn't realize this until I didn't have any coffee or soda or anything remotely caffeinated for upwards of a month. Then I drank a bottle of pepsi and just about creamed in mah jeans.
3. My favorite alcoholic beverage in the world is Wild Turkey's American Honey. That stuff is the bomb, and on my 21st birthday, even though I won't be allowed to drink (see number 1 above), I am going to go buy a big ol' bottle of it, and then stash it away in my freezer until the kid pops out. And then I'm going on a bender like nobody's business.
4. Most of you know this, but I have a very short fuse and a very wild temper. Now, the part that nobody seems to REALIZE here as of late is how well I've been holding onto said wild temper. I'm still accused of having an attitude problem, until I tell them... I haven't gotten into a single fist fight since I've moved to Missouri. I was notorious for decking a motherfucker in Texas. So the next time I'm ranting and raving about somebody being a dumb fuck, remember... I can yell about it, or I can HIT SOMEONE. And everybody prefers that I don't hit anyone.
5. I cannot go an entire day without sitting down and listening to music for at least an hour straight. I need music in my life. And playing the radio in the background does not count. I have to barricade myself in my bedroom, plug the headphones into the laptop, and just melt away. Of course, I have to compete with ze boyfriend thingeh for music, because he wants to watch MASH at obscene volumes... and when I can't hear my music, I get cranky.
6. I still listen to country music. It drives boyfriend thingeh crazy, but I still listen to country music. I grew up on it, and I won't deny my roots no matter how pissed off you get. If you don't like it, tough titty.
7. My biggest pet peeve, since moving to Missouri, anyway, is when I get made fun of for being a redneck from Texas. Yes, I'm from Texas. I grew up south of Houston, though. I'm a city girl. I'm not a redneck, I'm not a hillbilly, I'm not a cousin-fucker. And the next person to say, "Ignore her, she's from Texas, they're kinda dumb down there," WILL be getting their teeth knocked out.
8. I love animals. All animals. I grew up in a house full of cats, dogs, and birds, but the love doesn't end there. I've owned turtles, lizards, and for my entire life, I've wanted a horse. I like to go outside of city limits into the wild and just watch the animals there. Last year I saw a wild owl for the first time, up close, in the middle of the night out west of town, and it was the coolest thing in the world.
9. I love the public service brotherhood. My adopted uncle is a cop in Texas. Most of the people at my father's funeral last year were firemen and police. For upwards of a year, every day, I would go to a little taqueria and eat breakfast with some of the volunteer firefighters and just shoot the breeze. One of my closest friends on the wonder that is the internet is a 40-year-old paramedic in Louisiana. And once the baby is born, I plan on enrolling in school to become a paramedic myself.
10. I am a cuddle whore and a half. This pisses my boyfriend off to no end. If he's not around, but some other friend is, at the very least, I will lean on them. I crave human contact of some sort or another. I have difficulty sleeping by myself because I want to curl up against a warm body and just snuggle the night away. My cat has picked up on this and lays right next to me, with his paws wrapped around my arm through the night. Such a good kitty.
11. I intensely enjoy writing. In case you couldn't tell. I can't just write one sentence on a subject. People get annoyed with me because I have a tendency to get really long-winded. I will beat a subject to DEATH if it strikes my fancy.
12. My weapon of choice against annoying people is a lit cigarette. It keeps the health nuts away from me, and in shady neighborhoods where a woman alone is easy prey, it's a quick deterrent for dumb boys. I will not hesitate to put that burning cherry out in your eye if you threaten me.
13. My rules for dating people are simple. No one younger than me, and no one shorter than me. Since I stand at roughly 5'9" tall, that second one can cause problems. But I broke that rule myself with the boyfriend thingeh. He's like four inches shorter than me.
14. Mexican food. I wants it. This town's lack of decent Mexican food has been a major source of frustration for me. I can't get a good plate of tacos to save my life. It makes me sad in the pants.
15. I am known now as the Dickless Guy Friend. I don't wear make up, I don't get dressed up, I don't do my nails. I'd rather go play video games and get drunk than have a girl's night out watching chick flicks or whatever it is the girls do. One guy friend actually coined the term "manuterus" for my Dickless Guy Friend status.
16. I do not call chicken nuggets or chicken poppers by their real names. They are forever to be known as "human flavored chicken bites." Boyfriend thingeh muttered that in his sleep one night and it stuck with me FOREVER.
17. My favoritest past time in the entire universe is driving. I feel like I become part of the car, and I can easily waste a tank of gas just driving, lost in the sensation of commanding that much machinery. It's my weakness.
18. I collect zippos. Only need one, but if I have the extra cash in my pocket, and I see one I like, I won't hesitate to buy it. I'm still looking to replace my ace of spades zippo that went into the ground with my father, but I haven't found the appropriate one yet.
19. Not having internet in my apartment is driving me FUCKING BATSHIT CRAZY. I like to be connected to my friends across the country, and I like to read the handful of blogs that catch my interest. I get bored easily, so the internet is a useful tool, and not having it at home where I spend most of my time... I'm at my wit's end. And driving my boyfriend and two room mates crazy, to boot.
20. I prefer to dress in baggy clothes, but if I can't (like now, with the growing pregnant belly), I'll drape a big jacket across my shoulders. It's not a comfort issue, it's an insecurity issue.
21. My hair currently comes down to just above my ass. And it's just gonna keep growing, because I'm not cutting it off again. I'll trim it, but never again will I hack off two feet of glorious locks. It's insanely thick, and when it's clean and dry, it feels like silk against your skin. People lust after my hair. It's the only part of my body I take any pride in.
22. I suck at making lists like these. I am just having the most impossible time coming up with 25 random little factoids or whatever about myself. It got really hard after about number 12 or so. Aaaagh. Almost there, though.
23. I HATE the Kansas City Chiefs. I'm not a major football fan, but god DAMN those guys suck. Ugh. Disgusting.
24. I'm a techno-fiend. I would go crazy if I didn't have my laptop, or a computer of some sort, and I lose my mind if I leave the house and forget my phone. I'm always texting or IMing someone. I like having a big shiny stereo, too. It's nice. I won't hesitate to shell out the cash for technology.
25. The crazier and off-the-wall you are, the more taken to you I will be. And if you're sarcastic and witty? Oh yeah. We'll be best friends. I surround myself with good people that can make me laugh without thinking about it. And these are the people I will turn to when life gets to be too much for me to handle. Even though they are jokesters and most people would swear they can't take life seriously... They are there when I need them most.
HOLY CRAP!! I finished it! Whoo!!
Okay, for my bit, I'm tagging Ambulance Driver, LawDog, Crystal of Boobs, Injuries, and Dr. Pepper, Nurse K of Crass-Pollination, and FarmGirl of Tractor Tracks.
You guys don't have to do it, of course, but it'd be interesting to see a little bit into your minds. I love reading you for a reason!