Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hero

Presented without comment...



Okay I lied, have some comments.

A friend played me this song once months ago, and I thought it sounded pretty fucking badass, to put it simply. And then I didn't hear it again forever. And then they played it again last night, and I thought it was still pretty fucking bad ass. And neither one of us had seen the video, so I pulled it up on teh Intarwebz and watched it this morning.

I make no secret of my pride and support for our troops. And soldier songs, hero songs similar to this one, strike a chord in me. My favorite songs include "Indestructible" by Disturbed and "No One Gets Left Behind" by Five Finger Death Punch. Both are songs describing the working life of someone in our armed forces. And after watching this video, I liked the song ten times more for the tribute and respect it pays to the men and women of our armed forces, our public servants (the good ones, not the politicians), doctors, nurses. People whose lives are in the thick of it and sometimes in danger, whether it be directly or indirectly.

So yeah. Another new favorite for that one.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment