Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Well Then!

I'm wondering how this is going to work out.

The only working laptop currently in my possession belongs to a friend (who is currently a guest of the state - in rehab). Well, he gets out on the 2nd, and he'll be wanting his machine back.

This boy, though I love him to death, he's a dear friend... Is a fuckin idiot. He is more destructive in the way of computers than anyone I know. Kind of reminds me of my little brother.

He bought the laptop new and within six months had taken it into the shop no less than four times, covered under warranty, of course.

Well, he also screwed with the power cord. Apparently in all his bending and twisting, he broke one of the connections in the actual plug-in part. Forgive my lack of technical talk, I don't know what the actual name of the piece is.

Well, I have positioned and twisted and taped in every way I know how to, just to make the connection and charge the battery. Nothing doing with the little (read:none) tools I have.

So Pet Alcoholic's laptop is down due to lack of being able to charge the battery. I have done everything in my power to fix the damages it came to me in.

In other news, I have managed to power up my Toshiba, which until now lay dormant thanks to hard drive failure. I found an Ubunto disk, courtesy of Marko, and have booted it from the disk.

Hey, at least I have a way to charge my iTouch, right? Right!

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment